I’ve heard the varying opinions on these awards, but I have to say that I really, really enjoy receiving these nominations. While I enjoy writing, it is always fun to have people validate what you are doing by showing this kind of appreciation, and thus, each and every time I’m nominated, I get really excited.
Of course, I’m really having to reach these days for unknown things about myself. When you write the way I do, you are always telling the embarrassing stuff about yourself… :-)
7 things about myself…
1. Millionaire Charlie Matranga of the New Orleans Crime Family is my great, great, great-grandfather.
2. I’ve always been disappointed that I wasn’t born a Jew. I love Israel. I always felt like being a Gentile was like second place in God’s book…
3. The first time I ever saw marijuana was when I was hanging out with Jason Hervey‘s older brother in LA. Total random thing, and I insulted him because I’d never seen The Wonder Years, and had no idea who his little brother was.. :-) Cool moment in my life. ( Would you brag about your younger brother being a television star if you were an unemployed pot head?)
5. Today is my brother Michael’s birthday. He’s 40 today. I think you should all go here (his church site) or here (his Facebook page) and wish him a happy birthday…he’ll totally freak I’m sending random people to his Facebook page…Let me know which of you adventurers actually do it, ’cause that some blog-worthy stuff, right there!!
6. My birthday is 6-16-68. I used to think I was cursed because of the three 6’s. I also have three 6’s in my social security number as well. :-(
7. If you separate out Jesus from me, I’m a boring, pathetic person. It is Jesus that makes me shine!!
I am not listing 15 – 20 blogs. I love plenty more than that, but I want to space these out a bit or I’ll end up using up my list over and over again. So, here’s the ones I want to pass this treasure on to.
1. Lafgod – This guy always has something really encouraging to say every time he logs on to my site. He doesn’t update his blog like he should, but he did write a poem that rhymed about his beer mug. That alone makes him priceless to me!
3. Tales of a Charm City Chick – Her latest post on her break up with Vodka made me pee myself it was so funny. Yes. I tend to nominate her a lot, but I can’t help it. She’s hilarious!
4. Wheresmytbackandotherstories – This is another site that I visit to laugh. The blog is about Alzheimer’s disease and aging in general, so you know that when this writer starts being funny, it’s all very real.
5. Zelmare – This just one cool little site. She let’s us peek into her life, and she has a simple, clear, happy voice which infects all of her posts. She also posts pictures of flowers, which I just love. …flowers and cats.. :-)
So, that’s it for the Green Versatile Blogger award. Thank you, forhisgloryandpraise, again for thinking of me!!