Today, I’ve been in Austin for 4 months.
Frankly, I did not expect things to go so well! I figured I’d be waiting until tax season and large income returns before I’d be trying to find a place of my own to live, fix my drivers’ license, and fix my car. Instead, I’ve been in my apartment six weeks now, my license is fixed (Hallelujah!!), and my car is next. Plus, I now have a permanent job, enough money to live peacefully on, and I made a really cool friend.
I can’t spend any time down in the dumps because just these very basic facts make me break out in a huge smile. I just didn’t expect the Lord to be so quick to answer me. We really hadn’t gotten to the point I was begging/yelling at Him yet, which is kind of our thing. I don’t really know how to react to prayers answered so efficiently and so quickly.
But, my time in the country has taught me to “never look a gift horse in the mouth”. I have no clue what that actually means, but I figure the less time I spend expecting other shoes to drop, the better.
In that spirit, I will share some of the less meaningful stuff I’ve been pondering lately.
- Why on earth would anyone choose to be a workout trainer? Our HR Dept. is right next to the gym. All day long I see two girls in tights, and a dude in shorts over his own tights, exercising all day long.
- You exercise all day long, all week long.
- You listen to the same crappy upbeat motivational music all day long, all week long.
- You touch sweaty people, all day long, all week long.
- You can never eat unhealthy food in front of anyone without being judged.
- You literally have to figure out something to say to motivate people to keep doing something that doesn’t feel good and whose fantastic health insurance covers some plastic surgery procedures.
- You exercise for a living. Why?!!
- Today, there was a news story about two women getting assaulted on separate occasions by a guy who rides his bicycle away from the scene. Austin Police Looking For Suspect Who Assaulted Two Women
- I have no idea why, but somehow the fact that he makes his getaway using a bicycle makes what he did to these ladies so much worse.
- Grown men riding bicycles weirds me out anyways. It seems so….childish. Like playing with toys or building forts out of your bed sheets.
- Moldy Breast Implants — Do I really need to elaborate?
That’s enough for now. I don’t want to really freak you out.